TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. VAT • All of our quoted prices are inclusive of VAT
2. METHODS OF PAYMENT
• Credit Card: Unfortunately Bellville furniture does not accept credit cards registered outside of South Africa such as American Express.
• EFT: Please note that it may take up to 3 business working days until the payment reflects in our bank account .
• Cheques: We do accept cheques. However, if your balance is paid by cheque, delivery will only take place once the cheque has cleared in approximately 7 working days.
3. CUSTOMER ORDERS
• A 50% deposit is required at time of placing all orders. Balance is due upon completion before delivery or collection
• All orders remain the property of Bellville Furniture until payment has been received in full
4. COLOURS, FINISHES & SIZE
• The display pieces in our showrooms are representative of the finished product. Whilst every effort will be made to match all colours and finishes, goods are supplied on the understanding that there may be slight shade and grain variations, particularly with natural products such as wood
• Leather products are made from quality hides and may not be uniform in colour or texture and may show natural marks, depending on the leather chosen
• Size and product descriptions are given in good faith from our suppliers’ information
• The proof of purchase must be retained and is required for any guarantee policy to take effect
• The guarantee is not transferable
• Bellville Furniture cannot be held liable for any damages to product that were assembled incorrectly by the customer
• The guarantee only covers a flaw in workmanship or material and does not cover defect product due to customer abuse or breakage on your part
• Any showroom display models or items bought at a warehouse sale / factory shop are sold as “voetstoots” and are therefore not covered by any guarantee
• Sofas: We will guarantee the frame of your sofa for 10 years and the webbing, stitching, Fibrecurl and foam for 2 years
• Upholstered furniture: The Bellville Furniture guarantee does not extend to upholstery fabric as this is subject to wear and tear. However, one can be assured that our in house fabric range undergoes stringent testing to enhance performance standards
• Leather furniture: Tick bites and scratches that may appear on our full grain product will be noticeable and may not be avoided. These are natural inherent features of the product and are not a form of defect or damage
• Imported items: Due to the nature of the product, we unfortunately don’t offer any guarantee but will try our best to assist in fixing or replacing the goods
6. GENERAL CARE
• No responsibility will be accepted for damage caused by cleaning if the care and maintenance instructions have not been followed
• Appros of smaller decor items will be authorized at the showroom managers discretion
• All appros must be paid in full before collection
• Any appro not returned within 48 hours will be considered sold
• A credit will be passed only once goods have been returned in their original condition accompanied with the proof of purchase
8. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
• Stocked items: We promise to give you a refund if you change your mind for any reason within the terms and conditions of the Consumer Protection Act. If you cancel your order once it has been delivered, you may not use the goods and all original packaging must be retained. We cannot however refund the delivery charge and a collection fee will be applicable
• Made to order products: This has been produced specifically for you in a specific design and fabric, therefore no refunds or exchanges can be made. If there is an error on our part regarding the product specification or the product is found to be faulty, Bellville Furniture will at their discretion rectify the error / fault.
• Please note: any payment made via credit card that needs to be refunded will be subject to a 3.5% handling fee
• We reserve the right not to accept an order if:
• We do not have the stock to fulfil the order
• If we are unable to deliver the product to your area
• If an item was incorrectly priced or described on the web site or in the store
• If your payment was not authorised
9. CONTACT US
For any further information referring to the contents herein, please feel free to so do by emailing: email@example.com
We deliver anywhere in South Africa. The delivery fees will depend on your location.
If you are shopping online, our checkout functionality will calculate the cost of delivery for you once you have confirmed your order and address. If you are purchasing at a Bellville furniture store, one of our friendly sales consultants will inform you of the delivery fee to your specified address.
- We are responsible for the goods while they are in transit, and any damages will be at our expense.
- Your goods will be unwrapped and placed in position in your home by our professional and trained delivery staff.
- Any items requiring assembly will be assembled by our trained staff free of charge.
If you do not wish to make use of our delivery service, you can arrange to collect your order from our warehouse in Cape Town. Please speak to your sales consultant or contact us to arrange collection of your purchase.
To help us get your furniture into its new home, please ensure that the items you have purchased will fit through any entrances and hallways and that they will be suitable for the space where they will be placed. We will provide you with the measurements of your purchase to help you do your home and obstruction measurements to ensure it will definitely fit. It is important that you do this because should it not, a 20% cancellation fee may be charged and any delivery and Coriguard costs are non-refundable.
We take our customers’ privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below. We shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
Collection of personal information
Bellville Furniture does not sell, share or trade customer’s personal information, collected online, with third parties. Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group for internal use only.
When you create an account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Name and Surname
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- ID / passport number
- Registered Company Name
- Company Registration Number
- Company VAT Number
- Street Address
- Zip Code
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
Security of your personal information
Bellville furniture ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
– Restricting access to personal information
– Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
– Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
Disclosure of personal information
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from the Bellville Furniture website. In exceptional circumstances Bellville furniture may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
Bellville Furniture is committed to complying with the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 and its principles. If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Bellville Furniture please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
Collection of computer data
When you visit bellvillefurniture.co.za, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
– Your computer’s IP address
– Browser type
– Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
– The bellvillefurniture.co.za pages you visit
– The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com